Re: [exim] Postfix policy server imitation

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Postfix policy server imitation
Mark Edwards <mark@???> wrote:
> I have need to have Exim imitate the Postfix policy server protocol,

[...]
> The particular field I'm looking for input on is the "instance"
> field. The documentation says:

> instance=123.456.7
> The "instance" attribute value can be used to correlate different
> requests regarding the same message delivery.

[...]
> instance=$sender_host_address.$sender_helo_name.$message_exim_id\n\n

> I know this is a pretty obscure question, but I want to get this
> right so I don't have to think about it any more. Thanks!

Hello,

I had stumbled upon this, too.

http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/postgrey/msg01362.html

instance identifies a single *mail* in a SMTP transaction, you should
set it up on MAIL FROM and keep it unchanged on following RCTP
commands.
cu andreas
so grateful to you.'