Re: [exim] Postfix policy server imitation

Autor: Dave Lugo
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Postfix policy server imitation
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007, Mark Edwards wrote:
> I have need to have Exim imitate the Postfix policy server protocol, in
> order to interface with Postgrey running on another server. Its pretty

Does the policy involve greylisting?

> instance=$sender_host_address.$sender_address.$sender_helo_name\n\n
>
> As far as I can tell this is meant to construct a "unique" identifier
> for that particular email, but this construction doesn't appear
> particularly unique to me. Can anyone who knows enough about both
> Exim and Postfix speak to this? Would something like the following
> be a better construction:
>
> instance=$sender_host_address.$sender_helo_name.$message_exim_id\n\n
>
> I know this is a pretty obscure question, but I want to get this
> right so I don't have to think about it any more. Thanks!

In my understanding, greylisting means looking for the same
message from the same source at a later time, and then accepting
it. If you use $message_exim_id (ie: the message id that's
assigned at the time the message is received), it won't be the
same message_id on a subsequent attempt. Greylisting I think[1]
breaks at that point.

This might not be what you want.

[1] disclaimer:  I've never used grelisting myself, or postfix,
so I may be way off base.
Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC