Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE autotools patch drg3

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Daniel Richard G.
To: Ralf Junker
CC: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE autotools patch drg3
Hi Ralf!

On Wed, 2007 Feb 28 14:56:43 +0100, Ralf Junker wrote:
> Philip Hazel wrote:
>
> Please note that autoconf, autoheader, automake etc. is not available on
> most Windows systems. Would it be possible to still ship PCRE with the
> default config.h.in as it used to be up to now?
>
> I know that config.h.in has to be renamed and possibly be modified before
> compilation, but this is still much easier than creating a new file from
> scratch.

Building on Windows isn't going to be anywhere near that hard :)

The idea we're working on is that Windows builds would not use the GNU
Autotools infrastructure at all. Instead, they would use CMake, a free
cross-platform build tool (available at http://www.cmake.org/). With this
tool, you can generate project files for Visual Studio (6, 7 or 8), NMAKE
makefiles, Borland IDE projects, Xcode on MacOS X, etc.

(We wanted to move away from the previous situation, where you had several
unsupported, out-of-date project files languishing in contrib hell)

--Daniel

--
NAME   = Daniel Richard G.       ##  Remember, skunks       _\|/_  meef?
EMAIL1 = skunk@???        ##  don't smell bad---    (/o|o\) /