Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE autotools patch drg3

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Ralf Junker
CC: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE autotools patch drg3
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Ralf Junker wrote:

> Please note that autoconf, autoheader, automake etc. is not available
> on most Windows systems. Would it be possible to still ship PCRE with
> the default config.h.in as it used to be up to now?

We are mindful of the fact that PCRE has to be buildable on systems
without the auto tools. It will ship with config.h.in and with pcre.h
included, for the benefit if those who build it in such environments.

In fact, it would ship with config.h.in anyway, since the standard rules
for "just build it" are "./configure; make"; you don't have to have the
auto tools installed just to build the package.

> Just the fact that config.h.in is there does not mean that autoconf
> has to use it, does it?

Indeed not.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.