Re: [exim] SORBS

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SORBS
Hi

On 10/11/2006 11:20, Hill Ruyter wrote:
> I just think it is a little draconian to block purely because of one suspect
> attribute.

You might think that, and many other people do too.

However there are many other people running email systems who think that
dropping or rejecting connections on the basis of a single attribute is
a perfectly acceptable thing to do, and as long as *they or their users*
agree with the methodology and find no reason to complain about it, then
it remains perfectly acceptable. As soon as one (or more) of the people
utilising the system becomes affected by it, things will change.

If you have a problem with a given remote email system (or its'
administrators) then that is, sadly, your specific problem and you need
to take it up with them.

In most cases a simple whitelist is all that's necessary.

In $DAYJOB we have quite a comprehensive whitelist system because we
have several classes of contact who are affected by various forms of
DNSBL, through no fault of their own. SpamAssassin is quite effective at
being told to let them through :)

Graeme