Re: [exim] SORBS

Autor: Hill Ruyter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SORBS
Hi

I understand all your points and they are all very valid
however should it be the case that someone be completely blocked purely on
the basis of a dynamic IP ?

Certainly mark it as suspect.
even put it in a spam folder.
that way the recipient can stick it through your BAYES and learn it as spam
or ham as required.

I just think it is a little draconian to block purely because of one suspect
attribute.

To use your analogy of the airport

a certain profile of person may raise more suspicion than another and may be
more closely checked through security.
Having that profile does not stop that person getting on the plane unless
the closer checks reveal other attributes that raise suspicion.
Imagine if they said you could not fly because you are Asian, Muslim or have
a long beard !
That would be crazy
No they just look a little closer at you

An Irish friend of mine called Dominick McGlinchey (the same name as the
"most wanted Irish terrorist")
would always get questioned and body searched going through Heathrow but he
always got on the plane !

Hill Ruyter