Re: [exim] SORBS

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SORBS
Hill Ruyter <hill@???> (Do 09 Nov 2006 20:43:06 CET):
> Ok so if I get my ISP to act as a relay for me
> ( I used to work for them so i know the guy to talk to)
>
> does this mean I will configure Exim to use my ISP's mail server as a
> smarthost for outbound mail

Yes.

> but my MX record stays the same so incoming mail comes direct to me ?

I'd think about it twice.

What happens if you "loose" your dynamic IP and cannot update the DynDNS
record with the new one? The next one gets your old IP. And some sender
may remember it happily sending mail to the "old known" address.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -