Re: [exim] Feature request

Author: Exim Mailing List
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Feature request
On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 12:30:09AM +0100, Steffen Heil wrote:

> Is there a way to check, how many dnslists matched?
>
> dnslists = a : b : c : d
>
> I would like to know, if only one matched or multiple ones ($dnslist_count)?

Currently, dnslists quits checking as soon as it finds a positive
hit on any of the lists (tried in order). This is a _good_ thing
since it reduces the number of overall lookups.

> Yes, I know, I could do a query for every single one and count using acl
> variables,

Yes, that would be the correct way to do this.

> but then the delay would be the sum of the reply times.
> With ONE dnslists condition, it's just the maximum of the single delays.

I don't understand what you mean here. What delay are you talking about?

How does testing on multiple "dnslist" verbs cause any more delay
than if Exim were testing multiple entries on a single dnslist verb?

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???