Re: [exim] getsockname() fail. Was: Patch to fix fclose() er…

Author: Ward Willats
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] getsockname() fail. Was: Patch to fix fclose() errors?
At 9:49 AM +0100 10/23/06, Philip Hazel wrote:
>On Sun, 22 Oct 2006, Ward Willats wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to chime in that I am running Exim 4.63 on FreeBSD 5.4
>> and I too had these errors regularly since 4.x was released. Applying
>> this patch fixed the problem completely. Thank you Dean!
>
>The patch is already in the code for the next release.

Fantastic.

Now the only error I get on my FreeBSD 5.2 box (once every 1-2 days) is:

2006-10-23 04:17:19 getsockname() failed: Connection reset by peer

...I know this has been discussed here before (in relation to
connections hammering the server if I recall) but this didn't happen
with 3.x either (course spam is much worse now too).

Since I can't seem to take any action to fix it, maybe it doesn't
belong in the paniclog at all? (Paniclog entries set off all kinds of
alarm-bells around here, so it would be nice to not have this firing
off so often).

Thanks,

-- Ward