Re: [exim] getsockname() fail. Was: Patch to fix fclose() er…

Author: Jethro R Binks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] getsockname() fail. Was: Patch to fix fclose() errors?
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > Since I can't seem to take any action to fix it, maybe it doesn't
> > belong in the paniclog at all? (Paniclog entries set off all kinds of
> > alarm-bells around here, so it would be nice to not have this firing
> > off so often).
>
> It's probably there because I assumed that getsockname() shouldn't ever
> fail when I wrote the code, long ago. You are probably right in that
> this particular failure doesn't belong in paniclog. I'll do something
> about that.

I'd really appreciate that.

I've also posted about this issue in the past; I concur with the view that
this is a "spam has got worse" problem - I get a notification when stuff
appears in paniclog, and the notifications have increased hugely over the
past year and even few months. Annoyingly so.

J.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK