Re: [exim] Exim has a bad queue handling?

Author: SeattleServer.com
To: exim-users
CC: Stanislaw Halik
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim has a bad queue handling?
On Sunday 22 October 2006 00:06, Stanislaw Halik wrote:
> Would using qmail as a smarthost help? Not sure if overhead wouldn't
> outweigh the benefits, though.

I don't like using qmail anymore for authenticated connections...it won't even
do it at all without extensive patching and doesn't give me the flexibility I
like (like scanning with clamav and not accepting viruses at SMTP time,
supporting NTLM authentication, etc.) Note I'm sure there's various qmail
patches for all that stuff but as time goes on, keeping up with the plethora
of patches you need to make qmail usable is growing increasingly nightmarish
as it's unmaintained software.

The bulk mailings don't need to pass through the MSA, anyways, as they are
from a trusted relay host. qmail can handle that just fine without patching
iirc. The only patch I can think to consider for that is for supporting
remote TLS hosts.

Cheers,