Re: [exim] problem with spamd (connection time out)

Author: the sew
To: Balzi Andrea
CC: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] problem with spamd (connection time out)
Hi,

I'm not much of a exim expert, even though it works for what I want to
achieve, we also handle of alot of mail and my spamd was also taking heavy
beating

I've added a line that dont scan messages over 200k of size and works like a
charm, I would also suggest greylisting, reduced our spam quite alot

# Messages larger than 200k are accepted without spam scanning
accept condition = ${if >{$message_size}{200k}{true}}

Out of interest some greylisting stats

Of 451253 items that were initially greylisted:
- 56502 ( 12.5%) became whitelisted
- 394751 ( 87.5%) expired from the greylist

anyway, hope it helps

Sew