Re: [exim] problem with spamd (connection time out)

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] problem with spamd (connection time out)
Mike Meredith wrote:

> Sometime around Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:47:03 +0800, it may be that W B
> Hacker wrote:
>
>>- Second, you may be scanning *huge* messages and/or attachments.
>>Spammers rarely send large messages, simply becasue it take their
>>servers/zombies too long on each connection and they are impatient
>>and greedy, and need to hit zillions of WinVictims to find enough
>>gullible ones with money.
>

> Well, spammers will resort to whatever tactics gets their messages
> through. Looking at :-
>
> http://zonky.org/notes/spam-report/spam-avsize.png
>
> It seems to be that spam sizes are slowly increasing over time. Mostly
> at present to get around text scanning blocks by including GIFs with
> their message inside.

ACK.

.gifs may get around the scanner entirely here.

'discard' verb, IIRC....

Before we even get SA out of bed...

But it is based on per-user prefs, and we can afford to scan very large files
here (SCAN_MAX presently set to 4MB).

- a luxury of available resources earned by not accepting traffic from rude
'servers' in the first place.

Bill