Re: [exim] problem with spamd (connection time out)

Author: John Robinson
To: Exim Users
CC: Balzi Andrea
Subject: Re: [exim] problem with spamd (connection time out)
On 29/09/2006 15:53, Balzi Andrea wrote:
> I've change from 5 to 10 and I've upgrade the RAM to 6GB, but I've the same problem.
> every child it occupies approximately 450MB of RAM

Yikes! That's enormous. It should be 25-30MB at startup - most of that's
shared between children (perl interpreter, shared libraries, etc.) - and
it shouldn't grow too much bigger. I have found some versions of
SpamAssassin to suffer memory leaks, so I now run spamd with
--max-conn-per-child=100 so that each spamd child doesn't grow too big.

Cheers,

John.