Re: [exim] Blocking error on bad transport..?

Author: Rob Munsch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking error on bad transport..?
Yep, i did it again. Sorry, Bill.... here it is for everyone.

W B Hacker wrote:
> Rob Munsch wrote:

>> - -----
>> Message 1GFdaj-00087w-00 has been frozen.
>> The sender is <root@???>.
>>
>> The following address(es) have yet to be delivered:
>> italerts@??? <root@???>:
>> error in router: unknown routing option or transport name "philagrafika.org"
>> - -----
>>

> All of this looks suspiciously like a single colon ":" or octothorpe "#" has
> been omitted.
>
> - a router or transport's first line, its name or label, must be terminated with
> a colon, ELSE it may be seen as a continuation of a previous sibling, pure
> garbage, or something half-way interpretable. None of these are good.
>
> - a hostlist must have a colon (or other specifically-substituted character)
> between each entry and the next. ELSE confusion.
>
> - a comment line must start with an octothorpe, ELSE either confusion or an
> attempt to parse the text as something not intended.

I'll go looking around. I've been working with exim4 and getting
familiar with THOSE configs, and then i get this exim3 tossed at me, harhar.

> Exim will spot the really obvious,

One advantage it has over me, yes.

> You may not see these unless you are
> either perusing the ~/exim/paniclog OR using a shell command directly to
> start/restart/reload the service over ssh.

Nothing in paniclog. Hmm. I'm going to go read the docs Peter pointed
me at next before even looking at the thing again, tho.

> would you believe the entire SQL query clause that had been mean to *find* the
> user's Maildir path, not *become* it.
>
> ;-)

I'd believe anything, but yeah, that must have looked quite interesting...

> Never forget that a computer is nothing more than a high-speed idiot.

Once more it retains one advantage over me.

- --
Rob Munsch
Solutions For Progress IT
www.solutionsforprogress.com