Re: [exim] Blocking error on bad transport..?

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking error on bad transport..?
Keep list traffic on the list, please....

On 26/09/06, Rob Munsch <rmunsch@???> wrote:
> > grep your config file for that domain name - there's probably a typo
> > in the section immediately around it which has caused Exim to
> > interpret the name as another part of the config syntax.
>
> First thing i did. No typos, no extra whitespace on either side. I
> looked at it so hard i have 'philagrafika.org' burned into my eyeballs.

Uh-huh. Perhaps a second pair of eyes might help?

> Fair 'nuff; i saw this in Routers section
>
> - -----
> domain:
> driver = domainlist
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list = solutionsforprogress.com
> dirtybill.solutionsforprogress.com philagrafika.org philagrafika.com byname
> - -----

'Someone' doesn't know the correct syntax for a route_list. The docs at

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.62/doc/html/spec_html/ch20.html

will help you correct this.

> As an aside, in order to unstick the frozen (there were about 700 and i
> wanted to go thru them in a reader for easier viewing... all were to
> postmaster anyway, which goes to me) i did this:
>
> - -----
> exim -bp > queue.txt
> awk -W posix_space '{print $3}' ./queue.txt > message-ids.txt
> for f in ./message-ids.txt; do exim -d -M $f; done
> - -----
>
> There a better way to accomplish this? I tried wildcarding exim -d -M *
> and similar with no success.

'exim -qff' would attempt to deliver all messages on the queue whether
frozen or not - this isn't exactly the same as what you did, but it
would probably suffice. Also check out the 'exipick' utility for
getting lists of message-IDs out of the queue against a whole variety
of criteria, ready for xarg'ing back into exim for delivery.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???