Re: [exim] Blocking error on bad transport..?

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking error on bad transport..?
On 26/09/06, Rob Munsch <rmunsch@???> wrote:

> Peter Bowyer wrote:
> > Keep list traffic on the list, please....
>
> Aargh, sorry, keep forgetting not to just 'reply' here. My reflexes are
> not all RFC-compliant yet.

'sok, my list messages probably have a rogue Reply-to: due to my use
of Gmail to get them there. An extra hurdle....

> > Uh-huh. Perhaps a second pair of eyes might help?
>
> mmpff... maybe.. but i'm pretty funny-looking enough already, i think...

Couldn't comment :-)

> >> - -----
> >> domain:
> >> driver = domainlist
> >> transport = remote_smtp
> >> route_list = solutionsforprogress.com
> >> dirtybill.solutionsforprogress.com philagrafika.org philagrafika.com byname
> >> - -----
> >
> > 'Someone' doesn't know the correct syntax for a route_list. The docs at
> >
> > http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.62/doc/html/spec_html/ch20.html
>
> Thanks. And there's no need to keep putting 'someone' in quotes; I
> gleefully own up to my own boneheaded maneuvers, such as the awkrobatics
> i posted....

A fine trait which will get you far :-)

> > 'exim -qff' would attempt to deliver all messages on the queue whether
> > frozen or not - this isn't exactly the same as what you did, but it
> > would probably suffice. Also check out the 'exipick' utility for
> > getting lists of message-IDs out of the queue against a whole variety
> > of criteria, ready for xarg'ing back into exim for delivery.
>
> Thanks again. Much shorter to type there, eh?

Just a bit. But when you have a hammer.... I personally wouldn't know
where to start with awk and if really pushed would probably have
written some perl :-)

> I'm starting to wonder why, exactly, this server doesn't have a more
> recent exim on it and was thinking of upgrading. It's obviously going
> to be spending a great deal more time sending mail than it used to...

Go for it - upgrades are generally seamless between 4.x versions,
check for a 'README.UPDATING' file in the version you're going to for
any extra considerations.

Enjoy...

--
Peter Bowyer