Re: [exim] Blocking error on bad transport..?

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking error on bad transport..?
On 26/09/06, Rob Munsch <rmunsch@???> wrote:

> So here's something funny.
>
> - -----
> Message 1GFdaj-00087w-00 has been frozen.
> The sender is <root@???>.
>
> The following address(es) have yet to be delivered:
> italerts@??? <root@???>:
> error in router: unknown routing option or transport name "philagrafika.org"

grep your config file for that domain name - there's probably a typo
in the section immediately around it which has caused Exim to
interpret the name as another part of the config syntax.

> Someone went and made some bad changes to the exim config, stopping up
> the entire system.

Find 'someone' and ask them to undo their changes? Restore the backup?

> Still, two questions:
>
> 1) philagrafika is one of the domains we manage. Someone thought it
> needed to be there as the site is hosted on that box, i guess. Why
> doesn't it know about this domain, how is it "unknown?" There are 3
> other domains listed before that one that it likes just fine. How do i
> introduce them -.-

It probably does, 'someone' probably messed up a change to the config.

> 2) why the HONK does mail from A to B all come to a crashing halt
> because it doesn't know what W is?!

Because Exim doesn't come with a crystal ball to help it work out what
you meant when you typed a domain name instead of a config
instruction. And it didn't come to a crashing halt at all - it froze
messages on the queue, told you about it in the log, and will attempt
to deliver them when you tell it to do so after you've fixed the typo.

Lots of 'probably's in that answer - if you can't see the problem by
inspecting the config file, post the log file and the config bit where
that domain name is mentioned.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer