Re: [exim] Limiting incoming connections on a per-domain bas…

Author: John Robinson
To: Steve Sobol
CC: Odhiambo G. Washington, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Limiting incoming connections on a per-domain basis
On 21/09/2006 21:32, Steve Sobol wrote:
> How hard is it to run two instances of exim, each running on a separate IP
> and reading from a different config file? I've run exim for at least 2-3
> years but my config never needs tweaking, so I don't remember if this is
> possible. :)

Yes, it's possible, and it's not too hard, but with the config change I
suggested before you wouldn't need to.

You sound as if you'd rather not change your config at all, but Exim's
relatively easy to configure, so why not?

Actually, I also wonder, why does it matter whether you accept messages
directly from all over the 'net for your filtered domains? The facility
will presumably won't be advertised (i.e. MX records in the DNS), so
it's unlikely to present any major threat if you just accept from anywhere.

Cheers,

John.