Re: [exim] Limiting incoming connections on a per-domain bas…

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Limiting incoming connections on a per-domain basis
John W. Baxter wrote:

> You can either compile two binaries with different baked in config file
> paths and spool directory paths, or use one binary and start one of the
> instances with the -C command line option to point it to the other config.
> We use the single binary with -C, after earlier ventures with two binaries
> in another context.

Third option: One installation of exim, and one config file. Use the
value of $interface_address in your acl's and routers. Eg:

NORMAL_INTERFACE = 123.123.123.123
SILLY_INTERFACE = 234.234.234.234

drop condition = ${if eq{$interface_address}{SILLY_INTERFACE}}
      message   = For some bizarre reason I drop all mail on this ip.

You can have entirely different ACL's and routers for different
interfaces. There's a $interface_port as well.

Mike