Re: [exim] Limiting incoming connections on a per-domain bas…

Author: Steve Sobol
To: John Robinson
CC: Odhiambo G. Washington, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Limiting incoming connections on a per-domain basis
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, John Robinson wrote:

> > I am not sure how this will deal with cases where recipient is in the CC
> > or BCC though.
>
> Well, you could just
>     deny domains = those_domains
>          !hosts  = +allowed_hosts

> but if I understand correctly, that would also stop accepting mail for
> those_domains from any relay_from_hosts or authenticated users, which
> may not be the desired effect.

How hard is it to run two instances of exim, each running on a separate IP
and reading from a different config file? I've run exim for at least 2-3
years but my config never needs tweaking, so I don't remember if this is
possible. :)

Thanks again,

Steve

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Apple Valley, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.