Re: [exim] Controlling the number of deliveries

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Steve Sargent
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Controlling the number of deliveries
On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Steve Sargent wrote:

> All ok so far, but the problem is that when the queue runner starts up
> it trundles through the entire queue, which we would like to avoid. It
> would be nice to have an option to tell the queue runner how many
> messages to deliver then stop processing the queue, thus by releasing
> them in batches in each subsequent queue runner.

If you know the message IDs of the messages, you can use

exim -q start-message-id end-message-id

And as they are all going to the same smarthost, you should probably use
-qq.

You can find the relevant message IDs by processing the output of exim
-bp or ls-ing Exim's spool file.

However, I agree with Tony that overall rate limiting is a neater way to
go.