Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.
On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 08:34:50PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Michael Haardt wrote:
>
> > I am just afraid that a maildirfolder file might get created where it
> > should not. As a result, Exim would not calculate the quota of a mailbox,
> > but the quota of all mailboxes. After consuming considerable resources,
> > the mail would most likely bounce. That's why I prefer to require the
> > directories and freeze the mail if they are missing.
>
> I thought this whole issue was about automating the process so that the
> admin did not have to pre-create any files or directories; Exim will do
> the whole job. But if I do what you suggest, then the admin will have to
> pre-create the main new/tmp/cur files in case the first message is for a
> subfolder. So if those have to be pre-created, what have we gained?
> Might as well pre-create everything.

You have a strong point there, and I guess now it was me not being
very imaginative by forgetting the case where the first delivery is to
a subfolder.

Indeed it makes sense to create the parent maildir, too, in case it is
missing. How about freezing the mail in case creating that fails? That
would (in most cases) still prevent a screwed up regexp causing Exim to
move up one level too far.

Michael