Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Michael Haardt wrote:

> I am just afraid that a maildirfolder file might get created where it
> should not. As a result, Exim would not calculate the quota of a mailbox,
> but the quota of all mailboxes. After consuming considerable resources,
> the mail would most likely bounce. That's why I prefer to require the
> directories and freeze the mail if they are missing.

I thought this whole issue was about automating the process so that the
admin did not have to pre-create any files or directories; Exim will do
the whole job. But if I do what you suggest, then the admin will have to
pre-create the main new/tmp/cur files in case the first message is for a
subfolder. So if those have to be pre-created, what have we gained?
Might as well pre-create everything.