Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.
On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 09:10:41AM -0400, Marc Sherman wrote:
> Philip Hazel wrote:
> >
> > Why? Is it mandatory to have those directories? This would prevent
> > somebody having *only* subfolders and no "main" folder.
>
> By my read of the maildir++ spec, it is, in fact, mandatory. However,
> that's no reason for Exim to require it; be liberal in what you accept
> and all that. I think that logging a warning when creating
> "maildirfolder" in a dir that matches the regex but isn't within a valid
> maildir would be a very good idea, however.

I guess being liberal bit me too often afterwards. ;-)

I am just afraid that a maildirfolder file might get created where it
should not. As a result, Exim would not calculate the quota of a mailbox,
but the quota of all mailboxes. After consuming considerable resources,
the mail would most likely bounce. That's why I prefer to require the
directories and freeze the mail if they are missing.

Michael