Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?

Author: Herb Martin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?
From: Chad Leigh
> WRT -- RTFM. I am not usually offended if told that unless the
> person is being a jerk on purpose. In other words, I expect
> I should
> do my part in the FM and/or Google to try and narrow my issue down
> before I go and ask for help. RTFM can be insulting, but is usually
> not, and here in the exim lists I have never felt abused.

Me either -- in fact, I don't even care if they
are being a jerk as long as the provide the name
of the Fine Manual and preferably a page or other
reference to locate the relevant section.

The only real issue for me is when the entire
'useful' content of an answer is Read the Fine
Manual.

I cannot recall anyone on this list ever doing that
to me -- nor that being the sum total of responses
to any serious question by anyone either.

--
Herb Martin