[exim] Abusing transport to execute SQL delete

Author: Andrew Lewis
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Abusing transport to execute SQL delete
Hi all,

I have a desire to execute mysql delete statements in my remote_smtp
transport :) which would be rather useful to me. I'm having problems
finding a suitable place to put this though. I was abusing
envelope_add_to, which worked fine, until I restarted Exim, at which
point it complained bitterly about this and died. :)

How can I fake the return value of this lookup while executing my SQL?

Would like to see a facility for executing arbitrary SQL (such as
inserts and deletes) within the routers and transports.

--
Andrew Lewis
Customer Services

Phone: +27 11 328 9700
Fax: +27 11 328 9799
Support: +27 11 328 9790
Email: alewis@???

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on this, is
prohibited and may be unlawful.