Re: [exim] Abusing transport to execute SQL delete

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: Andrew Lewis
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Abusing transport to execute SQL delete
Quoting Andrew Lewis:

> I have a desire to execute mysql delete statements in my remote_smtp
> transport :) which would be rather useful to me. I'm having problems
> finding a suitable place to put this though. I was abusing

Basically, any option that is expanded, but you should use harmless one,
e.g.

fine_transport:
headers_add = ${lookup mysql {...} {}{}}

> envelope_add_to, which worked fine, until I restarted Exim, at which
> point it complained bitterly about this and died. :)

Probably because it's spelled envelope_to_add. But you shouldn't use
that one on the remote_smtp transport and you cannot even use it since
it's not expanded.

> Would like to see a facility for executing arbitrary SQL (such as
> inserts and deletes) within the routers and transports.

Yes, that would be really nice. And also for ACLs. Name could be
"expand", "do" or something like that.