Re: [exim] Re: command line macros

Author: Sergei Gerasenko
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: command line macros
Thanks for going into the trouble of creating those test cases.
You're absolutely right. After your reply, I ran a couple of tests with
the same results...

I know what the problem is now. Somehow I thought that if I pass -D
macros when starting exim as a daemon, then all command line invocations
of Exim will automatically use them, which is obviously not the case.

This little discovery will make using macros for excluding parts of the
configuration file a little problematic.

See, I have two hosts and at any given time either host 1 forwards all mail
to host 2 or host 2 forwards all mail to host 1. Who forwards to whom
depends on certain conditions.

Ideally, I would like to keep one configuration file for both hosts. The
problem with macros is that for this to work I would need to find every
place where direct invocations of exim are made and pass the appropriate
-D's as paramaters. Not good :)

Anybody know a good way of handling this?