Re: [exim] Re: command line macros

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: command line macros
Sergei Gerasenko wrote:

> Ideally, I would like to keep one configuration file for both hosts. The
> problem with macros is that for this to work I would need to find every
> place where direct invocations of exim are made and pass the appropriate
> -D's as paramaters. Not good :)

Try putting this at the top of your config file:

.include /etc/exim4/host.conf

and on each machine, create the file /etc/exim4/host.conf with a single
line, defining the macro you use to identify the different hosts. If
you forget to define the file on a new machine, exim will fail to launch
with a config error; if you don't want that behaviour, but instead can
define some sensible defaults, use .include_if_exists instead.

http://exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch06.html#id2536996

- Marc