[exim] Re: command line macros

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: command line macros
Sergei Gerasenko <gerases@???> wrote:
> I need to define a macro only under certain conditions. That's why I
> thought I'll just use the -D option when I start exim. But it seems like
> if a macro with the same name doesn't exist in the configuration file,
> the -D version of the same macro doesn't make it to exim.

> For example, if I do "exim -DMACRO1" and MACRO1 is not defined in the
> configuration file, .ifdef MACRO1 will return false. On the other hand,
> if I do define that macro in the configuration file, .ifdef MACRO1 will
> always be true (even if MACRO1 is defined as MACRO1=). So, I'm stuck.

Works for me, at least in a minimal testcase:
-----------------
ametzler@argenau:~$ cat  /tmp/exim4.conf.test
.ifdef XXXX
exim_path = blah
.endif
ametzler@argenau:~$ /usr/sbin/exim  -C /tmp/exim4.conf.test  -bP exim_path
exim_path = /usr/sbin/exim4
ametzler@argenau:~$ /usr/sbin/exim -DXXXX -C /tmp/exim4.conf.test \
                     -bP exim_path
exim_path = blah
             cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute