[exim] Re: Most Lenient RBL implimentation?

Autor: Renaud Allard
A: exim-users
CC: Steven B
Assumpte: [exim] Re: Most Lenient RBL implimentation?
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
With this one, you will lose a fair amount of ham if your users receive
mails from asian countries.

smtp.dnsbl.sorbs.net
Prepare to lose some more ham

relays.ordb.org
dnsbl.njabl.org (don't use combined.njabl.org)
These ones are lists where you can remove your server if it has been
listed, and you corrected the problem. They are safe as they do really
check if there is an openrelay or openproxy, or so.

bl.spamcop.net
Prepare to lose some users here. This list is terrible and lists many
official sane servers.

On my end, I check most mails for these blacklists, however, the only 2
ones I consider rejecting mail on sight are ordb and njabl.
For spamcop and spamhaus, I do some more checks, like
sender_verification, ...

Consider this: Is losing one ham more important than getting 10 spams in
your business environment?
If the answer is yes, use light and verified lists like ordb, and never
count on lists that list you because some users said you have sent spam.