Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: Daevid Vincent
CC: exim-list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell
Daevid Vincent wrote:

> _eximlist_ etc.) are blocking mail from my domain simply because I
> happen to be on a Comcast (Seattle, WA) dynamic IP. UGH!

this is not limited to comcast, it's very common today to add a negative
score (at least) to deliveries from dynamic addresses.

> I am researching ways to get around this BS.

I saw services offering static addresses via tunnels, which is a nice
solution IMHO. Or you get some vserver, but that implies a higher
administrative burden.

> The two I've found (and I'm open to ideas on any others)
> http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/outbound.html

What is better about that than using your provider's smarthost?

> tutorials. I'm a web designer and simply want my own domain (which is my
> name).

It's easier to go to some hosting company for that, then.

> Also, is it possible to setup Exim such that these services to only take
> effect for the problematic ISPs -- in other words, can I setup Exim so

Manually, yes, but you'll never know all of them. Some simply drop mail
without notice.