Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell
On 12/2/05 6:47 PM, "Jason W." <jwellband@???> wrote:

> On 12/2/05, Daevid Vincent <daevid@???> wrote:

[Daevid]
>> Hello. I run Gentoo and Exim 4.54 on my home cable modem. I'm getting
>> increasingly frustrated with this RBL shit. Many ISPs (AOL, earthlink,
>> _eximlist_ etc.) are blocking mail from my domain simply because I happen
>> to be on a Comcast (Seattle, WA) dynamic IP. UGH!

>> Also, is it possible to setup Exim such that these services to only take
>
>> effect for the problematic ISPs -- in other words, can I

[Jason]
> Why bother? Do it right for everyone and you won't have to play
> "let's

reconfigure the server" when a site starts refusing mail from
> dynamic

IP's? :)

As it happens, I've been busily blocking Comcast western Washington /24
subnets due to the volume of Sober-U (or V, or Y, or Z, or AC, depending on
whose naming one uses coming from them. Not picking on Comcast Western
Washington--they simply have LOTS of infected machines connected.

The blocks I'm putting in will auto-expire in January unless I decide to
extend them.

The Smarthost is there to be used, Daevid--make your life easier and use it.

--John
PS...Something about Jason's use of GMail made this message very difficult
to reply to with sensible quotations using MS Entourage. The reply becomes
one continuous paragraph with quoting >s here and there. Lots of hand-edits
produced the above rendition (the first edit was to toss out everything
after the two attribution lines). It's hard to say whether GMail or
Entourage is the larger part of the problem.