[exim] Re: Who likes DSPAM?

Autor: Felix Schwarz
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: Who likes DSPAM?
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Just looking for a quick opinion - who likes DSPAM?

Me.

I switched ca. 9 months ago when SpamAssassin failed to detect more and
more spam (had around 5-10 false negatives in a week with ca. 3500
mails/week). DSPAM is far better (2-3 false negatives) and produces less
false positives especially for unknown senders/uncommon subjects. DSPAM
classified messages as ham which I would have deleted without further
notice because they look so spammy but in reality they WERE ham.

DSPAM needed quite a big training corpus for me (10000 ham/spam mails)
and you should test it thoroughly as it rewrites mails (signature in the
body) and imho these routines could be implemented more
conservatively/carefully. For example in 3.4 it destroyed subjects with
umlauts and S/MIME signed messages. While the first bug was fixed in
3.4, S/MIME signed message were not (at least until 3.4.7, don't know
newer versions).

fs