Re: [exim] Re: Who likes DSPAM?

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: Felix Schwarz
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: Who likes DSPAM?

Felix Schwarz wrote:

> Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> Just looking for a quick opinion - who likes DSPAM?
>

> Me.
>
> I switched ca. 9 months ago when SpamAssassin failed to detect more
> and more spam (had around 5-10 false negatives in a week with ca. 3500
> mails/week). DSPAM is far better (2-3 false negatives) and produces
> less false positives especially for unknown senders/uncommon subjects.
> DSPAM classified messages as ham which I would have deleted without
> further notice because they look so spammy but in reality they WERE ham.
>
> DSPAM needed quite a big training corpus for me (10000 ham/spam mails)
> and you should test it thoroughly as it rewrites mails (signature in
> the body) and imho these routines could be implemented more
> conservatively/carefully. For example in 3.4 it destroyed subjects
> with umlauts and S/MIME signed messages. While the first bug was fixed
> in 3.4, S/MIME signed message were not (at least until 3.4.7, don't
> know newer versions).
>
> fs

Can it be made to not modify the message at all or to just add one
header line with a score? I just want to use it to get a second opinion
and then process the scroe with Spamassassin.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com