Re: [exim] Reducing Spam Assassin Load

Autor: Steve Lamb
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Reducing Spam Assassin Load
Peter Bowyer wrote:
> But that's what SA does - learns what's spam and what's ham by
> Bayesian analysis. I'd have thought any attempt to do this up front
> would end up duplicating what SA does?

    This is incorrect.  SpamAssassin is a framework within which different
tests to identify spam from ham are applied.  Bayesian classification just
happens to be one test SpamAssassin performs but it is by no means the only
test or, in fact, a required test.