Re: [exim] Reducing Spam Assassin Load

Autor: Lanny Jason Godsey
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Reducing Spam Assassin Load
Maybe you could generate a fingerprint based on the first X lines of
the email and match?

Mail comes in, first 20 lines generate 20 md5 fingerprints. You
process and store SA score.

This would require integration into some sort of database. You simply
do a select equal join based on queue id possibly and see if it returns
16 or more rows.

This of course is prone to all kinds of problems, I like to have every
user train their own filters. This is why droping 85% of spam prior to
stastical filtering is a bad idea IMHO.

I use DSPAM and SA in tandem, as far as I know I'm the only one using
it in the fassion I have setup. After a while, SA is simply not
used.