Re: [exim] Reducing Spam Assassin Load

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: Steve Lamb
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Reducing Spam Assassin Load

Steve Lamb wrote:

>Peter Bowyer wrote:
>

>>But that's what SA does - learns what's spam and what's ham by
>>Bayesian analysis. I'd have thought any attempt to do this up front
>>would end up duplicating what SA does?
>>

>    This is incorrect.  SpamAssassin is a framework within which different
>tests to identify spam from ham are applied.  Bayesian classification just
>happens to be one test SpamAssassin performs but it is by no means the only
>test or, in fact, a required test.

Right - lets suppose I'm getting email from truthout.com and I have 50
users who subscribe to that - and it's all ham. Do I want to run 50
copies of the same email through SA and have it learn that 50 times? And
have the system slow down processing it? Not if I can help it.

What I want to do is after a few that Exim learns somehow that this is
all ham and just bless it without having to rerun SA every time. Exim is
at least 1000 times faster than SA and bypassing SA reduces system load.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com