Re: [exim] Reducing Spam Assassin Load

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Reducing Spam Assassin Load
On 01/10/05, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> One of the things that is creating SA load is processing good email. I'm
> trying to figure out a way to bless stuff that I know is ham so I can
> bypass spam assassin. And it has to somehow just learn it automatically.

But that's what SA does - learns what's spam and what's ham by
Bayesian analysis. I'd have thought any attempt to do this up front
would end up duplicating what SA does?

You could experiment with a reputation system which applies positive
scores whan an IP sends you ham and negative scores when it sends spam
or fails an up-front test (DNSBL, HELO checks and so on). And set a
threshold for whitelisting around the SA check. But that would prevent
SA learning from known ham - which is an important part of the
Bayesian process.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer