Re: [exim] Reducing Spam Assassin Load

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Reducing Spam Assassin Load
On 02/10/05, Stephen Gran <steve@???> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 07:21:09PM -0700, Marc Perkel said:
> > One of the things that is creating SA load is processing good email. I'm
> > trying to figure out a way to bless stuff that I know is ham so I can
> > bypass spam assassin. And it has to somehow just learn it automatically.
> >
> > Perhaps somehow if I could build a hints database so that if I'm getting
> > only ham from some source that it will bless it for a period of time.
> >
> > Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Off hand, the only clean solution I can think of is a multi part one,
> and it's sort of kludgy.
>
> Write (or adapt) a greylist type sql query daemon, that will look up
> scores associated with the host/MAIL FROM/RCPT TO tuple. You storage
> would need the following strucure:
>
> id host sender recipient score ctime
>
> So a typical row might contain:
> | 57 | 131.111.8.41 | exim-users-bounces+steve=lobefin.net@??? | steve@??? | 0.43 | 1128249775 |

I guess you could also use a local implementation of Vipul's Razor -
I've never done that, but given that its general principle is to
create a lightweight 'signature' of a message in order to detect
whether it's been seen before, I suspect it could help.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???