Re: [exim] Reducing Spam Assassin Load

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Reducing Spam Assassin Load

Peter Bowyer wrote:

>I guess you could also use a local implementation of Vipul's Razor -
>I've never done that, but given that its general principle is to
>create a lightweight 'signature' of a message in order to detect
>whether it's been seen before, I suspect it could help.
>
>Peter

That to is an interesting idea. As to signature - I think jast the combo
of the from address and host is sufficient.

The idea is cindy@??? does a lot of business with xyz.com who I
host. I have never received a spam from cindy@??? from that host. So
the idea is that after a few good email scoring below -2 the system gets
to know cindy@??? and her email are blessed for a time. Every know
and then her messages are checked but say 90% of her email get through
without checking - that's the goal.

On the spam side I get rid of 90% of spam without having to look at
content with SA and I can process 10 times as much email per computer as
I could if I had to look at every message. Now it's time to increase
capacity further by reducing load. My loading now isn't from processing
spam - but processing ham.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com