[exim] Re: Exim Config for ClamAV (av_Scanner) and SpamAssas…

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: Exim Config for ClamAV (av_Scanner) and SpamAssassin?(spamd_address)
oliver@??? wrote:
> I have an server with Exim. I want to uses ClamAV and SpamAssassin to scan
> incoming mail (presumably coming through port 25 SMTP) for all users. The
> hostname is "server" and the domain is "windfinder.com".

> So I guess the correct entries in /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template should be:

> av_scanner = clamd:server.windfinder.com 25
> spamd_address = server.windfinder.com 25

> Is this correct?

No. http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_40.html#SECT40.1
clamd: [...] It takes one option: either the path and name of a UNIX
socket file, or a hostname or IP number, and a port, separated by
space, [...]

You are specifying on which host and on which port clamd is listening
on. Your clamd is not listening on the SMTP port (25), isn't it?

> I guess the entries "server" or "127.0.0.1" or "localhost"
> would work as well?!

Usually you'll make sure to restrict access to both clamd and
spamassassin, if both are running on the same machine binding on the
loopback interface only is a obvious first step. In this case you
_have_ to use localhost or 127.0.0.1.

Personally I use a UNIX domain socket instead.
                cu andreas

fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"