Re: [exim-dev] 4.53 Release candidate

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] 4.53 Release candidate
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Michael Haardt wrote:

> The default would make the world a better place if Exim suddenly took
> over. Aren't you surprised how widespread it already is? :-)

It would be sad if Exim took over the world. Any monoculture is Bad.
I *am* surprised how widespread it is, but I'm sure its market share is
actually quite small.

> >From host.c, random_number():
>
> if (running_in_test_harness) random_seed = 42;
>
> Sounds very predictable for testing to me.

You passed the "how well do you know the source code?" test. :-)

> If anything, I would introduce a new option that contains the old
> behaviour for those few who urgently want it, and only do so when
> somebody speaks up.

I am not prepared to do that, partly because I don't see huge numbers of
people jumping into this thread on either side. Does anybody else have
views on this?