Re: [exim-dev] 4.53 Release candidate

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] 4.53 Release candidate
On 9/16/05 1:22 AM, "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Michael Haardt wrote:
>

>> If anything, I would introduce a new option that contains the old
>> behaviour for those few who urgently want it, and only do so when
>> somebody speaks up.
>
> I am not prepared to do that, partly because I don't see huge numbers of
> people jumping into this thread on either side. Does anybody else have
> views on this?

This issue does not affect us, and is unlikely to in the future (we don't
have a farm of Exims serving one Exim, nor do we have huge mail volumes from
any one external Exim).

I suppose that higher-volume sites *might* see external Exims synchronize
their geometric retries. Folks with internal farms can turn the option on.
I really don't like changing default behavior unless the need is
overwhelming.

I don't think we care one way or the other on this particular issue.

--John