Re: [exim-dev] /bin/rm

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Bryan Henderson
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] /bin/rm
On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Bryan Henderson wrote:

> So why does it cause trouble for you? What shell is it, and is it possible
> you just have the aliases defined in the wrong profile?

1. Pass.
2. Bash.
3. Possibly. I am not an expert in this stuff.

I see that I have them defined as functions in .bash_profile. (I had to
go and look, because it's probably a decade since I set this stuff up
and I don't look at it often.) But I *do* want them exported to scripts
- my own scripts that I use from time to time. I don't just want them
confined to my interactive shell. There's probably no easy answer; I
recognize that my ingrained ways of working may be "out-of-step" with
what "everybody else" does, so I'm prepared to change the default if
people think that that is the right thing to do.

Other people's views?