Re: [exim-dev] /bin/rm

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] /bin/rm
On 9/6/05 2:10 AM, "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???> wrote:

> There's probably no easy answer; I
> recognize that my ingrained ways of working may be "out-of-step" with
> what "everybody else" does, so I'm prepared to change the default if
> people think that that is the right thing to do.

I'd say leave things (mostly) as they are, but actually use the environment
variable for rm where rm is used.

But then, I've been compiling Exim for a long time (I think the boss did the
compiles for 1.x...I don't think I got involved until the transition to 2).

rm doesn't move around, here. But some of the others do (or did...the last
BSDi machine was retired in association with Y2K preparations--not forced by
them, but the machine BSDi was running on needed adjustments anyhow, since
the external RAID wouldn't have started up after 1999-12-31.

--John