Re: [exim-dev] /bin/rm

Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] /bin/rm
Philip Hazel wrote:
> Other people's views?

Well, from bash(1):

| When bash is invoked as an interactive login shell, or as a
| non-interactive shell with the --login option, it first reads and
| executes commands from the file /etc/profile, if that file exists.
| After reading that file, it looks for ~/.bash_profile, ~/.bash_login,
| and ~/.profile, in that order, and reads and executes commands from
| the first one that exists and is readable.

[...]
| When an interactive shell that is not a login shell is started, bash
| reads and executes commands from /etc/bash.bashrc and ~/.bashrc, if
| these files exist.

This of course suggests to put aliases into ~/.bashrc. (or
/etc/bash.bashrc) But I don't think that helps much. There may be
millions of people out there, that have put their aliases into
/etc/profile or wherever, and we have to take care of them too.

But that's easy, you can just run "unalias -a" to turn of all aliases.

lg,
daniel