Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP direct…

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP directly?
On 2 Aug 2005 at 9:48, Marc Perkel wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authent":

| Do you want to write an example of how I would authenticate against both
| a Linuxconf and a passwd/shadow file system?

It's pretty trivial.

| I'm not convinced Exim can do it.

More like, you assumed it can't so you haven't bothered to think
about it. Looking up passwords in a "linuxconf" (aka vpopmail)
shadow file is no different than a regular linux shadow file.
lsearch+crypteq, like I said, and use ${if or ...} to check multiple
files.

- Fred