Re: [exim] single file lookup

Author: Jonathan Vanasco
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] single file lookup

On Aug 2, 2005, at 9:01 AM, Marc Sherman wrote:

> From the looks of the router, your existing
> virtual_domains__maildir_delivery transport does the lookup again to
> set the directory option. Just remove that -- instead of being a
> specific transport for looking up local parts in a domain file to
> deliver to, the transport becomes a generic maildir deliverer, using
> whatever directory the router told it to (which is why I dropped the
> prefix from the transport name).
>
> That's why I don't use accept any more -- redirect lets me put all the
> routing logic where it belongs, in the router, and simplifies my
> transports quite a bit -- the only transports I have defined are
> remote_smtp, address_reply, local_maildir, local_maildir_read (same as
> local_maildir, but it marks the message as already read, used for my
> spam quarantine router).

that makes sense

except i'm not sure that's what I need/want

granted - i do a double lookup which is redundant - i could save it in
a variable but exim has lookup caching so i didn't bother

the transport also does:
    user        = vmail
    group    = vmail
    directory    =
${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/usr/local/etc/exim/virtual_domains/
$domain}}/Maildir
    maildir_format
       mode    = 0660
       directory_mode        = 0770
    shadow_condition        = ${if exists
{/usr/local/etc/exim/virtual_domains_vacation/$domain/
$local_part}{1}{0}}
    shadow_transport        = virtual_domains__vacation_autoreply

one of those important things being appending '/Maildir' to the
delivery location
i wanted data in /Maildir so i can save per-user config info in those
directories

i don't think routers let me handle any of those things